Monday, July 13, 2009

digging out to dig in...

It was quite a weekend - 2nd Saturday continues to have growing lessons, all of which make the next one even better, and it continues to give me the opportunity to meet and talk to some very cool people, both vendors and the neighbors and visitors who come to see us. Each month, we grow, in all sorts of ways and directions, and I'm grateful to be a part of it.

Sunday was a beautiful day to be in a live market, and the steady stream of people going by and through the booth was complimented by a lovely breeze that always had me grateful and cool! This was my first Big Crafty, and it was great to be a part of such a creative and eclectic group of artists, and to talk to so many folks from near and far - not only about my work, but about the joys and benefits of the live market experience. Thanks again to Brandy & Justin for putting together and running a superb event - if I'm fortunate to get into another, I'm planning a booth bud so I can get around to see more of the other Crafties, but you'll never hear me complain because I was too busy to leave my booth!

Fellow potter and friend Anthony did turn up right at the end and gave the most appreciated help in taking the booth down - it was a smooth day from start to finish, so much so that I didn't even notice how exhausted I was until I was at home! Seemed like it was the long-awaited exhale from the past month of production work, firing cycle, show prep and the events themselves.

So Monday was a bit of catch up and easing back into a new cycle of work. I also welcomed new assistant Brittany, who jumped right in to help me clear out some of the hurricane that hit the studio last week. She even got a little time to get on the wheel too!

welcome Brittany!

So yesterday through this afternoon has been slow unpacking, more hiking with the pup, dittering about town and coming down from the firing-into-show cycle. Next up is to sort out the production list for the next cycle: mugs for Izzy's, back stock for Roots, Sparrow, Clingman and the ChoLo. But the bulk of the next cycle is dedicated to a new and exciting venture. More about that when there's more to say ...

Also on the docket is preparing for a one-on-one workshop next week, that I'm very excited about. More on that soon too...

No comments: