Monday, April 6, 2009

re-takes

I took some shots of work out of the last kiln in a rather quick and dirty fashion, and see that they reflect that lack of care and attention quite well. I'm still learning how to get the best results out of this camera, so these are some better attempts.

the shino jar

the copper jar


this was a plate from the previous firing

Carolina Wren House in progress (liberal use of artistic license, but all for a good cause!)

Back to it - no nice sunshine to dry out the pots today, but a workhorse of a little heater with a couple of shelves above it will do almost as good a job!




3 comments:

Sue Pariseau Pottery said...

Love the cooper jar. It's gorgeous

Anonymous said...

nice shots... i'm just starting to get at this photography thing myself, i think you have pretty much got it down

CGS said...

Thanks Sue - that copper pot is the 'crazy green' glaze I named my studio after. And thanks much Jim, it's a constant discovery, and I pine for the day when I can let the professionals do it all for me!