Tuesday, July 19, 2011

in the works

My, but time flies when you say to yourself "I'll post some new stuff as soon as I finish ....". Well that's not going to happen, and while I'm grateful that a new goal is always dropping in front of me, I need get back to enjoying the process instead of fretting the finish.

I admit, the procrastination on writing has also been based in a slight sense of insecurity. Not me personally, I'm all good, but in the studio - just getting back into a dedicated work space after months of floating about, I've taken most of the last month getting back into a rhythm in the studio. And still heavily depending on using other people's equipment for much of my work (for which I am extremely grateful), I feel like I need to work fast and furious to get as much done as I can in each cycle, and of course nothing seems to happen fast enough. I've let those things I can't control become the focus, instead of rocking those things I do control, and that's just not as much fun so let's try not to do that too much, shall we?

Since I'm rediscovering the joy in the process, here are a few process shots of what's cookin' in the studio. Firing in about week, and my next exploration of process after I unload will be trying to get some decent pictures of the finished work!


always more mugs to carve



a new set for The Tree & Vine: olive oil dipping
bowl set inside an olive 'moat'


oil & vinegar bottles for The Tree & Vine

part development of a new form, part fun for Lori.
slab platter with a splash of sgrafitto tree

small plates that splashed out of the same idea as the platter

2 comments:

Dennis Allen said...

Like the splashed slip. The olive oil moats are cool too.

CGS said...

thanks Dennis - I'm always looking for new ways to have fun with the slip trees. And I'm looking forward to trying out the olive moat I've pegged for the house too, although I know it will also, at times, become a fig moat, a pickle barge, cracker tray ...love playing with my food!