Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Beginning...

Greetings all - I'm taking the suggestion many friends have made and am creating this little blog to keep everyone updated on the new studio. For those of you getting here for the first time, welcome! I'll be adding pictures and more information soon and often.

To get everyone up to date: I've been in a Residency at Odyssey Center for Ceramic Arts in Asheville, and the Residency ends in September. I've just signed a lease on my own studio space in West Asheville, and I'm in the process of getting it outfitted for me to do my work and teach private lessons. I'm just taking a few minutes to get the ol' blog up and running, and then I'm off to meet with the insurance agent. Had the electrician out this morning, and with any luck I'll get a truck this week to move some of the larger equipment in. Met with a way cool woodworker yesterday who I hope to work with to make some pieces for the studio.

I'll introduce the full cast of characters and put up some pictures soon! LT

No comments: